XNAnimation is a skeletal animation library for XNA. This library allows developers to easly manipulate, playback, interpolate and blend animations.
Currently, the library is being ported to XNA 4.0.Documentation
: FAQ (Updated 12/07/2010)
: About Me
- Easy to use.
- Provides classes to handle skinned models, skeletons, animations clips, keyframes and poses.
- Provides controllers to handle animation playback.
- High performance.
- Animation interpolation and blending made on the CPU.
- Model skinning made on the GPU.
- Low memory footprint.
- Stores keyframe translation, orientation, and scale decomposed.
- Shares skeletons, animations and meshes resources.
- Supports Windows and Xbox platforms.
- Animation playback
- Plays animations forward and backward.
- Constrols animation speed and looping.
- Supports models with up to 80 bones
- Supports linear, cubic and spherical keyframe interpolation.
- Stores keyframe translation, orientation, and scale decomposed
- Interpolates translation, orientation and scale separately for best interpolation.
- Animation blending
- Supports cross fade between animation clips.
- Allows smooth transitions between animations.
- Material system
- Supports multiple point light sources (up to eight) with light attenuation.
- Supports materials with emissive, diffuse and specular properties.
- Supports Diffuse, Normal and Specular textures.
- Reports vertex and pixel shader profiles used
- XNAnimation Model Processor
- Splits any animation into a new set of animations (based on time or keyframe)
- Transforms the entire scene using rotation or scale
Links to Resources