Model Animation not loading

Feb 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Hi,

I've been looking at using XNAnimation to animate the items I export from Maya.  I've looked at various tutorials on how to export to fbx and and tried to follow them but for some reason the animations are not showing up in XNAnimation.  When I Add the model to the sample project and compile I get the warning:

Content\Models\bomb_rad2_pulse60.fbx : warning : Input model does not contain any animation.

If I open up the fbx file (since its ascii) I look and the animation information is there in the ;takes and animations section just like the marine.  I'm not sure if theres something I'm doing wrong but I haven't been able to figure it out.  Is there something special I need to do to make XNAnimation see the animations?

Thanks,

Robert

Developer
Feb 21, 2010 at 8:06 PM

It looks like your model could contain keyframed animation, but no skeletal data at all (a common problem with Maya). Could you upload the model somewhere so I can take a look at it with MAX?

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I've uploaded it to http://uploading.com/files/c288a431/bomb_rad2_pulse60.fbx/ on uploading.com. 

Content\Models\bomb_rad2_pulse60.fbx : warning : Input model does not contain any animation.

Content\Models\bomb_rad2_pulse60.fbx : error : Input model does not have animation Take 001.

are the two errors I'm getting when I try to use the .xml to split the animations.

Developer
Feb 22, 2010 at 6:24 AM

The model only appears to have a bone rigged to the center of the bomb, but no keyframes or deformations. Are you sure you are exporting it correctly? If you still want to render this model using XNAnimation even if it doesn't have any animations, you can take a look at the AttachModel example, where a secondary model (the weapon) without any animations is compiled as a SkinnedModel and then drawn without needing an AnimationController.