Can't get my Xbox build to work

May 25, 2010 at 1:06 AM
Edited May 25, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Hello,

I downloaded your newest dll's and when I compile my GS 3.1 Windows build it works, but when I build it on the 360, it breaks. I did put the Xbox XNAnimation.dll into the xbox reference and the windows XNAnimation into the windows solution. 

The errors I get are are at the botton.

No matter what I do I get this error. Please Help.

I also tried getting the XNanimation source code and compile that from scratch to try those dll's, but some reason EffectCompiler keeps crashings. All I want are the compiled DLL's.

Another Thing, I made sure that the references are GS 3.1 in my XBOX solution, and they are, so whats up with this error?

Thanks in advanced.

The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d'.The best overloaded method match for 'XNAnimation.Controllers.AnimationController.Update(System.TimeSpan, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix)' has some invalid argumentsArgument '2': cannot convert from 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d'.'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'Bones' and no extension method 'Bones' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'CopyAbsoluteBoneTransformsTo' and no extension method 'CopyAbsoluteBoneTransformsTo' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'Meshes' and no extension method 'Meshes' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d'.Cannot convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect' to 'XNAnimation.Effects.SkinnedModelBasicEffect'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'The type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6d5c3888ef60e27d'.Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []''Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'Bones' and no extension method 'Bones' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'CopyAbsoluteBoneTransformsTo' and no extension method 'CopyAbsoluteBoneTransformsTo' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' does not contain a definition for 'Meshes' and no extension method 'Meshes' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Model' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)Cannot convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect' to 'XNAnimation.Effects.SkinnedModelBasicEffect'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []'Cannot implicitly convert type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio\v3.1\References\Xbox360\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll]' to 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector3 []

May 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Anyone have ideas how to get it to compile on the 360 without getting those errors? I really need to get my build working again on the 360. Thanks.

May 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Hi

remember that the xbox refernce is only needed in the "normal" references, not in the Content. There you use the windows version. The problem is that you have to build the source, and the effectcompiler breaks due to 64bit I think. I had the same issue and I asked a friend to build the solution and give me the dlls. Actually got it to work, in the end.

May 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Hello, forgot to mention that I did fix the problem a while ago. Was busy programming...lol.

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Could you be so kind as to mention what the fix was?  I'm having the exact same problem but every post I can find similar to it doesn't really mention the solution.  If I open the sample, create an xbox project copy, change the main reference there to the xbox xnanimation.dll and build it I get these 18 errors from the xbox build and am not sure why.

Does anyone know if it's ok to have both the windows and xbox versions concide for debugging?  People have said that the xbox solution will use the windows pipeline file, but does it gather that during compilaiton or do you still need a reference to it in the xbox content references?

Todilo mentioned having to build the source, but how would that make it different?  Is there something wrong with the two copies of xnanimation.dll that the main page offers?

Any help appreciated, XNAnimation seems like one of the better solutions so far so I'd really like to see it work.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM

You need to compile XNAnimation from scratch. Make sure that the EffectCompiler is set to x86 or it will crash during compilation. After you built the release version, put the Windows pipeline dll in the content references (it will be under the xbox and windows content references) and put the Windows xnanimation.dll under the windows project references and put the Xbox xnanimation.dll under the xbox project references, and presto it should have no build errors.

Thats how I fixed it.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Hereeahashasa......

Don't know why I had an aversion to doing that, already did it once to fix a problem with ziggyware.  It seems to work, I was able to do it even though VS express doesn't support the solution folders included in the download (or "tools", which hold the the EffectCompiler I guess you were talking about?), and also while choosing "mixed platforms" for my build.  Just pulled them both out of the bin folder.  Original pipeline works okay as you said.

Thank you for the quick reply. :)

As someone still a novice at these things it does make me wonder though, what does my building it add to this specific assembly that wasn't in the original download?  Does it take info from my version of VS or .net?  From my computer?  Seems like it'd be kind of frustrating to have to do that on each computer if several people were working on the same project.

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM
The problem was that his pre-built xbox dll had a line wrong in a file. That is one thing i forgot to add to the solution as I previously stated. do this as well Change line 24 on AssemblyHelper.cs this: private static readonly string xboxPublicKeyTokens = "121fbd51268a0405"; to: private static readonly string xboxPublicKeyTokens = "0c21691816f8c6d0"; then it should fix the problem. Good thing I remembered about that.