Additive Blending?

Developer
Mar 16, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I see a few questions from back in 2008 that suggested additive blending might be coming. I see an AdditiveBlend enum in the help files and I see a blending sample (tht doesn't work) in the 4.0 tree.

Whats the status of this feature?

Developer
Mar 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Additive blending has been planned for quite a long time (already was a task when I picked up the project) but with low priority. The references you see about blending come straight from legacy code.

And I assume the blending sample you are talking about is the CrossFadeBlendSample, which shows how the library linearly interpolates between the end of a sequence and the start of another.
Developer
Mar 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Sad Trombone ;-)

Sad Andy - I was hopeful that the CrossFade sample had been update for 4.0 to have additive...

Thanks for the information anyway.

Developer
Mar 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM
I can assure you the day XNAnimation has additive blending support it will be announced by a group of cheerleaders.

User khayman218 from CodePlex contacted me 6-7 months ago saying that he had added additive blending to the library, and was wishing to merge his advances with the main version. Replied him some time later, but he didn't answer back.