Error loading pipeline assembly

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Hi: I was sucessfully using XNAnimation on VS2008 / 3.1 and have tried upgrading my project to 2010 / 4.0.

I'm getting the error: Error loading pipeline assembly "XNAnimationPipeline, Version=0.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c21691816f8c6d0".

I've tried re-adding the reference and changing the target framework with no luck. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Does this lib work with 4.0? I'm seeing some say about getting it to work, but I can't even get the base project to work because the dll references 3.1 Microsoft.Xna assemblies?

Jul 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Hey, I recently started using this library and I have been having a lot of trouble using the latest supposedly 4.0 version. Once I managed to get past all the errors I had a lot of problems with the custom model class only working for a handful of models and in the end I just downloaded the BETA 2 version and converted it from 2.0 to 4.0. I can send you my working copy if you like? The only major change to it is that it now uses the built in SkinnedEffect rather than the custom effect.

Jul 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Firefly09: Thank you! I'd appreciate sharing anything you might have but I did manage to get my model working in 4.0 with the skinning sample from the Microsoft community tutorials site. Can you tell me how it and the XNAnimation lib differs?

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I just uploaded my version as a patch which should hopefully fix your problem. I was having the exact same problem as you, the difference is that the SkinningSample uses the built in model class to draw the models whereas this library tries to be clever and uses its own, custom model class which I believe doesn't fully support everything that the built in class does which is why some models won't draw properly with it. In the version I uploaded I reverted things back to using the built in model class.

Let me know if this helps!

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Awesome: I'll check it out later today. Is there an advantage to using this over the SkinningSample? One thing I wanted to check about is that these all appear to use a built in shader to handle the skinning. Do you know if they inheritly load your normal and diffuse map textures or do you have to change up your HLSL to support that in the XNAnimation fx? Thanks again.

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM

This library already contains both keyframe blending and cross fading between two different animations which is pretty much the only advantage to using the library. The custom effect used in the other guys sample should already support normal mapping, however in the sample I uploaded normal mapping isn't supported and you would need to write a custom shader for it.