This project is read-only.

The Spider Animation??

Aug 26, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Hey Guys,
I downloaded the XNAnimation Library and was going through it.

I found something really interesting when I opened the FBX for the Spider animation (EnemyBeast.fbx) in the SkinnedCrossFade.cs. The FBX (opened in WordPad) has only one Take or Clip but during debugging it actually has 13 Animations running.
However when I checked the Marine FBX (Opened in WordPad) he had the 4 animations divided into separate takes, like Idle, run, aim and shoot.
My question is how did you/he access the animations in the enemybeast.fbx????

Also is there a method by which I can use a portion of the animation?? That is by calling just the start frame and end frame.

Stan

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I just found out how he split the animations.

He made a XML for the model. It was sheer luck, I accidentally opened the XML instead of the FBX. Now I just need to know how he managed to use the XML.

Stan

Aug 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I also found out how to use the XML. If anyone wants to know how to overcome this just post here. I will get back to you.

Nov 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

dude, can u help me with that? how can i "call" that xml? for example if i want to call a specify clip or take... ? thank u very much

Nov 3, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Look at this, in this way.
How would you call a element from an array. We simply call it as a[2] or arrayList[0] etc.

So all you need to do to call your specific animation is by using skinnedModel.AnimationClips.Values[HereIsWhereYourElementNumberComes].

here is a example

if(playerScore == 10000)

{

animationController.CrossFade(skinnedModel.AnimationClips.Values[0])

}