Error building models

May 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Hi

Thanks for this great project, but i have this error when try to compile the Animation Samples:

Content\Models\PlayerMarine.fbx : error : Error normalizing vertex bone weights. BoneWeightCollection does not contain any weighting values.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 with XNA Game studio 2.0. Thanks in advance
Coordinator
May 28, 2008 at 5:43 PM
Are you getting this error when you try to compile any of the samples? Are you compiling in Debug or Release, and is the platform x86 ?

Also, could you check if the XNAnimation is in the Project References, and if the XNAnimationPipeline is in the Content References? I'm still not sure why you are having this problem.
Coordinator
May 29, 2008 at 8:47 PM
Liaven, did you fixed your problem with the samples?
May 30, 2008 at 8:18 AM
No, i checked the the references and try to compile all projects in release and debug with the same result. It's very strange, because the SkinningSample from Mircrosoft doesn't compile with the same error. I searched in google, and a few people have the same error, i think is a xna installation bug. I will try to reinstall xna and try in another computer. Thanks
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Hi guys,

I got the exact same problem as Liaven. Did you ever find a way to fix it ?

Thanks

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:57 PM
shawn is writing :

I'm pretty sure the only way this can happen is if there is at least one vertex without any binding.

One way to check that is to look in the obj directory, where you will find an XML file corresponding to each model that was imported. This holds the geometry data in a text format, so you can examine it to make sure that every GeometryContent node does contain a weights channel, and that every entry in that weights channel contains at least some non-zero data.