XNA 3.0 and VS 2008.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Hi!

I'm willing to use this library but I cannot convert the project to VS 2008 and XNA 3.0 (CTP) and run it properly.
How can I do that?

Regards,
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Could you compile the project on the VS2005? Because you first need to generate the keys to sign the assemblies and modify the AssemblyHelper.cs file. Besides that I'm not sure if the library is compatible with the XNA 3.0 CTP. What error did you get?
Jun 25, 2008 at 2:15 AM

bpevangelista wrote:
Could you compile the project on the VS2005? Because you first need to generate the keys to sign the assemblies and modify the AssemblyHelper.cs file. Besides that I'm not sure if the library is compatible with the XNA 3.0 CTP. What error did you get?

I'm getting this on AnimationSample1, I had to recreate the whole project because 3.0 could not import 2.0 XNA.

Error    9    The "BuildContent" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'XNAnimation, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ebcd2ab87b5cecb' or one of its dependencies. O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.
File name: 'XNAnimation, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ebcd2ab87b5cecb'
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at System.UnitySerializationHolder.GetRealObject(StreamingContext context)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.WorkerAppDomain.RemoteProxy.LoadAssemblies(String[] searchAssemblies, String[] dependencies)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    AnimationSample1

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2008 at 2:54 AM
As the error says it cannot load the XNAnimation assembly.
You might get this error because the assemblies that you had compiled are not signed or because they are signed with a different key (it is looking for an assembly signed with the public key: 7ebcd2ab87b5cecb).

Check if the assemblies that you compiled are signed and if they are get their public key (like 7ebcd2ab87b5cecb) and update the AssemblyHelper.cs and AssemblyInfo.cs with it.
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:34 PM
I haven't had time to check my project since I posted here, but as soon as I check this I post a comment here...

Thank you.