Weird rotation issue

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:39 PM
I've built a basic character in blender 2.48a and have used the modified FBX Exporter that's downloadable from www.tripplebgames.com/downloads.html. All the animations work fine and all is looking good, except that my model is not centered correctly. In blender my model sits centered at 0,0,0, and if I do not apply any animations to the model it is also centered in XNA, but as soon as I play an animation it sits back a bit from the center and down a bit. It's not my code because the same thing happens if I import my model directly into the xnanimation sample application.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the xnanimation library or the FBX exporter. I've uploaded a screen shot of my XNA application, and also the screen from blender that shows my model in the correct position. In the screen shot the blue vertical line should be right through my character's head and should finish at his feet. But as you can see my character is slightly behind and below it. As a result rotations around the Y axis look strange.

Screenshot: http://www.avinteractive.com.au/xna/xnanimationProblem.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea as to what is happening?