xna 3.0 importing problem

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:05 AM

hi all

I'm sandro and currently I'm working on xna 3.1 with vs2008 in order to make my first 3d game here.I'm trying to use xanimation library but I've got this problem:

Error    1    The "BuildContent" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.....

I'm not very experienced with xna 3.0 so I would ask you if someone could help me with that problem

thanks a lot

Sandro Sabene

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Similar ifnot the same problem:

Error 1 The "BuildContent" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'XNAnimationPipeline, Version=0.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c21691816f8c6d0' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'XNAnimationPipeline, Version=0.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0c21691816f8c6d0'
   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at System.UnitySerializationHolder.GetRealObject(StreamingContext context)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.WorkerAppDomain.RemoteProxy.LoadAssemblies(String[] searchAssemblies, String[] dependencies)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
 XNAnimation Test

Dec 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I also got the same problem, please tell me when this issue is resolved.

Dec 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I googled a bit and found out what to do :

* Download the source code from here : [url:http://xnanimation.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/11975]

* Convert to ur VS 2008 version.

* run the project.

* search for both the dlls after running.

* paste both the dlls in ur folder.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Heya!

I tried what you suggested, adityav89, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I get the following error:

Error 2 Cannot find importer "EffectImporter". C:\Users\Bartje\Documents\Downloads\xnanimation-11975\XNAnimation\XNAnimation\Content\SkinnedModelEffect.fx XNAnimation

Error 2 Cannot find importer "EffectImporter". C:\...\xnanimation-11975\XNAnimation\XNAnimation\Content\SkinnedModelEffect.fx XNAnimation

I'm referencing EffectImporter properly... Could someome perhaps post a working GS 3.x solution, or perhaps GS 3.x compatible DLL's? I'd be most grateful :)

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:22 AM
Hello again,

I goto xploit.codeplex.com , this is my working game engine, it has like 9 classes out of which you will be using 7. you could try this engine. i wrote it and hosted it on codeplex. It also has some cool shaders.
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Thank you so much! I'm going to try it right away!